C-III Capital Partners
C-III Investment Management
C-III Asset Management
Properties and Notes for Sale
Rating Agency Reports
C-III Commercial Mortgage
Fixed Asset Accountant
6/25/2019 11:38:42 AM
This position is a key support role within the Property Accounting team that will directly report to the Property Accounting Manager. This individual will perform an extensive review of fixed assets for a portfolio of multi-family properties during the construction/renovation phase, while also identifying and addressing disposals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 1-3 years’ experience in Fixed Assets or Property Accounting required.
• BS in Accounting with knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Experience in working with YARDI and FAS systems is highly desirable.
• Experience with long-term construction projects is preferred.
• Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, and data analysis).
• Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate with Community Managers, Accounts Payable, Construction Managers, Property Accountants and Senior Management.
• Demonstrate openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, and time management skills.
• Strong attention to detail, with ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Review, analyze and code all capital and construction project costs to ensure appropriate accounting under U.S. GAAP.
• Reconcile fixed asset system vs. general ledger and prepare a Fixed Asset Roll-Forward monthly for each property.
• Track and monitor construction-in-progress to ensure that open project costs are capitalized appropriately and timely.
• Calculate monthly construction management fees.
• Process fixed asset transactions in YARDI and FAS systems for asset acquisitions, disposing of fixed assets properly and timely and reconciling stock items.
• Meet Month-End and Quarter-End Close deadlines for portfolio of properties.
• Assist with the preparation and maintenance of policy documentation, processes, procedures, and controls. Identifying process improvements.
• Assist with special projects for senior management and other financial functions within the department as required.
• Coordinate with construction/project managers to ensure costs are complete and accurate.
• Act as Point person for all capital asset questions from field sites and Asset Management.